If you receive one of the listed qualifying benefits, you should make an application for free school meals.
Qualifying benefits for free school meals
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190) – Working Tax Credit is a disqualifying benefit regardless of your household income – this means that you would not be entitled to Free School Meals whilst in receipt of Working Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
Young benefit claimants application for free school meals
Children who receive Income Support or Income Based Job Seekers Allowance in their own right are also entitled to receive free school meals.
To check your eligibility please visit https://pps.lgfl.org.uk/ as a thank you for taking the time to do this you will be offered free antivirus software to use at home, regardless of the outcome.