Catering Manager required GBP £24,265 – £25,493 per year(LBR5)
Applications are welcomed from a suitably experienced individual to lead the catering provision of the school. Experience of working in a school is essential and knowledge of kosher catering regulations would ne desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will be supported by the Business Support Manager and an experienced and long-standing Kitchen Supervisor.
King Solomon High School is a culturally diverse and welcoming school on the East London/Essex border. The school has a strong religious ethos but is equally welcoming to people of all faiths and of none. Our ethos of Learning, Community & Charity is central to everything we do.
What we can offer :
- A supportive work environment
- Workload and wellbeing prioritised, including early finish on Fridays at 1.20pm
- Opportunities to work independently
- Opportunities for CPD
- Working creatively on projects and events
What you can offer:
- Experience of managing a busy kitchen environment
- A calm, consistent and approachable manner
- Ability to work with students, staff, parents and external agencies
- Excellent literacy and communication skill
- Enthusiasm and energy
Reasons to work at King Solomon High School:
- KS has a fantastic personal development programme for teachers and support staff at all levels. All our training is tailored to individual needs and not just a ‘one size fits all’ model.
- KS culture is supportive, friendly and we encourage staff at all levels to share good practice and ideas.
- Our students want to learn and be part of a community they take great pride in. Behaviour is good and there are robust strategies in place to enable new staff to establish themselves in the school.
- Our school is a diverse and vibrant place where students respect and celebrate each other’s differences. As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to join them in this enriching environment.
Please complete and return the application form to by Friday 10th March 2023. We are unable to accept CVs for this position.
King Solomon High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. References will be taken up prior to interview and the post is subject to a successful Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.